Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Letter to JMU Board of Visitors

After I wrote the Open Forum in the DNR, I sent a letter to the Rector of the JMU Board of Visitors to ask the Boards help in dealing with the negative alcohol culture at JMU (see letter below)


August 27, 2010

Mr. James E. Hartman
Rector JMU Board of Visitors
235 Wynnwood Lane
Harrisonburg VA 22802-8323


Dear Mr. Hartman:
               I am writing to you because I am concerned about the “negative alcohol culture” that has developed at James Madison University.  I am concerned about the response that President Lynwood Rose has made to correct this culture and find his response to be woefully inadequate.  I have written an editorial letter to the Daily News Record concerning this matter (see attached letter to the editor). I am asking you as Rector of the JMU Board of Visitors to consider a motion to establish an independent commission on the negative alcohol culture at JMU and direct the commission to develop meaningful policy changes to seriously address this problem.  I have written letters to Mr. Larry Rogers and to Mr. Joseph Funkhouser II asking them to make this motion at the Board of Visitors meeting scheduled for  October 1, 2101.
               My hope is that you are as concerned about this issue as I am and will help JUM to make the changes necessary to correct the negative alcohol culture.


                                                                                                         Sincerely,


                                                                                                         Joseph G. Lynch


No comments:

Post a Comment